7.16.2007

Paying Up for Being Sedentary

I've just finished three weeks of physical therapy. That meant three times a week that I had to leave before lunch at work, rush all the way to the Philippine General Hospital, and have my physical therapist do the following: massage my shoulders and neck via the "ultrasound" procedure, do a warm compress with towels, and massage me further to release the stiffened muscles on my neck and upper back.  My condition did improve over the three weeks.  Now my rehab doctor says I just need to be more conscious of my posture and in stretching more.  *Sigh*. This is what I get for being such a couch potato and an office freak.  Pretty expensive, this physical therapy thing.  But then, I guess if I didn't have it, it'll be harder for me.  Hopefully this back problem doesn't happen again with the regular stretching I'm going to do.

No comments: